Organisations, community groups or individuals (the Hirer) may hire one or more rooms at the Forrest Park Clubrooms subject to the conditions of use set out below. The hire may include the use of the hall, meeting room, kitchen facilities, furniture, lighting, air conditioning, and heating, but excludes the use of croquet greens and storage facilities unless specifically agreed by the Forrest Park Croquet Club Inc. The facilities agreed to be hired are referred to as the Facilities in these regulations.
The following conditions form part of the agreement to hire Forrest Park Clubroom facilities. Acceptance of these conditions is implied when an agreement to hire the facilities is made.
1. Any application for hall hire must be made in writing via online form, email or mail, and approval given by the Registrar of the Forrest Park Croquet Club Inc. The name and contact details of the person responsible for running the hire event at the clubrooms must be included in the application.
2. Full payment and bond must be paid at least two weeks prior to the period of hire. Cancellation within fourteen(14) days prior to the period of hire may result in the forfeiture of the hire payment.
3. A designated representative of the Hirer will be responsible for collection and return of the keys to the facility and it is the responsability of that person to ensure that all lights, heaters, urns, stoves, fans, airconditioners, etc. have been turned off; all doors and windows locked; the security system set; and all gates locked when leaving the premises. That person is also responsible for reporting any breakages or damage. (See regulations 6 & 7)
4. Any equipment or decorations must be removed prior to the vacation of the premises, and by midnight in the case of an evening event. All rubbish is to be correctly sealed and placed in the outside bins provided by the City of Vincent. Under no circumstances shall the Hirer intefere with the ceiling panels, electrical system, ceiling fans or heaters for the fixture of decorations or other adornments. No equipment belonging to the Hirer is to be stored on the premises.
5. The Facilities must be cleaned by the Hirer and will be inspected before any bond is refunded. They are to be left in a clean and tidy condition with chairs and tables returned to their original places. Some cleaning equipment is available at the clubrooms, or cleaners may be arranged for an additional fee of $90 by prior agreement (the $90 charge will not include the removal of decorations or the rearranging of furniture.)
6. Breakages and other damage must be reported within 24 hours by the Hirers representative. Any charges for cleaning, breakages or damage will be deducted from the bond and the balance refunded to the Hirer within 14 days of the inspection at the end of the hire period, or a longer period if cleaning or repairs are required. Where such deductions are required an administrative surcharge of 10% of the value of the charges shall apply.
7. Shoes with heels may not be worn on the courts. Any damage inflicted on the courts during an event will incur a non recoverable charge of $200 minimum, maximum charge will be the cost of repair to the courts.
8. If the bond is not sufficient to cover all of the costs referred to in regulations 6 and 7, the Hirer will pay the balance owing on demand.
9. Smoking is not permitted in the clubrooms, on the courts, or in the outdoor areas between the clubrooms and the courts. Cigarette butts are to be extinguished and appropriately disposed of.
10. No vehicle is to be parked or driven on the grassed areas or brick paving. (Note there is a sinkhole beneath the brick paving). Parking is strictly limited to within the marked bays.
11. The Forrest Park Croquet Club Inc is covered by Public Liability insurance; however it is the Hirer's responsability to protect themselves against any liablity at law for injury to or death of any person or damage to any property, as a result of the hire and use for the Facilities and accepts full responsability for any such injury or damage.
12. The Hirer indemnifies the Forrest Park Croquet Club and the Western Australian Croquet Club Inc and each of their respective officers, members and guests for any claim, loss, damage or expense (including but not limited to any injury to or death of any person, or damage to any property) suffered or incurred as a result of the hire and use of the Facilities or the breach of any law or these regulations by the Hirer or any person using the Facilities with the Hirer's permission.
13. Unless otherwise exempt from the Liquor Control Act 1988, liquor shall not be consumed or offered for sale on the premises without a liquor permit obtained from the Chief Executive Officer of the City of Vincent and if applicable, a licence obtained from the Director of Liquor Licensing (Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor); and shall only be consumed or sold in accordance with the conditions fo the permit and the Liquor Control Act 1988. Liquor Licencing Exemptions
14. The Hirer shall, and shall ensure all users of the Facilities, comply with all laws which apply to the Facilities including but not limited to, the Health Act and Regulations (relating to the handling and selling of food), the Environmental Protection Act and Regulations (relating to noise abatement), and the Copyright Act (relating to the use of music).
15. Failure to adhere to these regulations may result in the Hirer having their agreement terminated or future applications to hire the Facilities denied.
Charges and conditions are laid down by the Forrest Park Croquet Club Inc., and may be changed from time to time.